Monday, November 16, 2015

Inspiration That Rekindles A Dream

Inspiration from others can help spark or rekindle an interest. Recently, I have been inspired. 

A Life Long Dream

Writing is an activity that I have enjoyed all of my life, but one that I have often put on the back burner when life becomes too busy with day-to-day tasks. I have often longed for more time to write as it relaxes me and gives me an outlet to express myself. I dream of being a published author and in my early adult years, I thought I would become a fiction novelist at some point in my life. I have read books and thought to myself, I could write just as well as this author writes. At times, the creative side of my brain will take over and obediently I write. The notebook close by or the scrap of paper found in my purse becomes an instant journal as I take the time to jot down whatever it tells me to write. So who is to say that I will not fulfill that dream in my lifetime? I believe my ability to write and write well is a God-given talent.

Time and Life's Challenges

Life has had its ups and downs, some of which I will share in future posts. Time has not always been a plentiful commodity. The young woman years of my life were spent raising children and trying to figure out how to make ends meet. As a mother of older children, I fulfilled the dream of attending college. I found myself enjoying the challenges of school and I excelled. I endured four-and-one-half years of school and graduated Magna Cum Laude while working a fulltime job and balancing family life. It was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. I would love to be able to say end of story and that “she lived happily ever after in a new, exciting career”. Not so! Within two years due to many circumstances (some I will share at a later time), I failed in my mid-life career path. At first, I was devastated and depressed. I floundered and tried to figure out my purpose. Why did God call me to go to school later in life to fail and carry a load of debt that my husband and I are struggling to pay off?  It has been three years since I left the position that I thought would fulfill me. During this window of time, life has seemed overwhelming at times, but as quoted by Friedrich Nietzsche, “that which does not kill us makes us stronger”. The truth is, God has used failure in my career and in other areas of my life to teach me that only He can fulfill me and that I can survive whatever comes my way as long as I keep my eyes on Him. As a woman who is now an empty nester, a wife to a husband of 24 years, a grandmother of 8 wonderful grand children, and a daughter and daughter-in-law to aging relatives, I have decided through the help of my Lord, Jesus Christ, to embrace life and live it as it comes.
Why Write Again? Why Now?

The questions above are rolling around in my head, even as I have made the decision to share this post with you. Honestly, it isn’t the best time in my life to do so. I am busy. I work and I study. I have grandchildren that I love to enjoy. I have lots of responsibilities that I have to carry out each week, but don’t we all? The truth is, I am inspired. I feel the need to write again. It is a burning desire deep within my soul, which I believe is a true calling. I would like to give a shout out to my daughter-in-law, Brittany Styron, who writes the blog http://sweetcountryroots.com. She has inspired me to write again. Follow the link and check out her blog. She has lots of great articles and cool ideas about marriage, raising children, recipes, Christianity, homeschooling, etc. I also have another daughter-in-law, Tina Styron, who has inspired me. She recently wrote a children’s book and she is in the process of working through what the Lord wants her to do with her talent. I am thankful to have two very talented young women to admire and love! Thanks ladies for the inspiration!

What’s Next?

The truth is I have no idea. Taking life as it comes means to trust and allow God to lead. I do know that life is not always fun. In fact, many days are boring and routine.  At other times, life seems overwhelming and uncertain. And then, of coarse, there are those moments when life is wonderful and exciting.  I still have dreams that I hope I will be able to fulfill before God calls me home, but if that doesn't happen, I will be fine. My future is in His hands. I agree with Ralph Abernathy's quote "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future."

Join in the fun! Who inspires you? I would love to hear about it!



























No comments:

Post a Comment