Monday, January 4, 2016

Favorite Quotes






I love quotes because they inspire me in various ways. Here are a few of my favorites and the reason why:

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss This one reminds me not to lament when vacation ends, when summer is over, when Christmas is over, etc. I tend to be very sad when things come to a close.

·      “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey  I love this one because life is all about learning to be who you are and living it to the fullest without really caring what other people think.

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi Change starts with the individual, even salvation begins with a willingness for us to allow the Lord to save us and change us from within.

·      “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead. Walk beside me… just be my friend”
Albert Camus Friendships are so important. We all need someone that we feel that we connect with and we can share life with.


·      “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” Mark Twain Honesty is always the best policy, even when we have done the wrong thing and there is a consequence to pay. When we tell the truth, we can lay down and sleep with a clear conscious!

·      May you always have a clear view of the cross. – Julia Burnside  This was quoted by a lady in our Sunday School class, who passed away recently from a terminal illness. When my gaze remains on Jesus and His death and resurrection, life is more peaceful and meaningful.


There are so many others I could add because I truly love them! However…sometimes less is more. I would love to hear some of your favorites. Leave a comment and share with me! Happy quoting!


No comments:

Post a Comment