Monday, December 14, 2015

A Few Of My Favorite Christmas Things...


Favorites This Christmas…

Christmas is here…I am busy and tired. I am excited and overwhelmed. What about you? How are you feeling this holiday season? What lifts your spirits? What makes the season bright and cheerful when you are feeling tired and overwhelmed? Continue reading and discover a few of my favorites:


  • A special night at the Charlotte Symphony with my husband and my son and my daughter-in-law. Hearing the upbeat and traditional Christmas music gives me a happy feeling inside. 
  • My first trip to the Biltmore at Christmas time. It was an early Christmas surprise from my husband. He heard me say more than once that I wanted to go while it was dressed in holiday décor.
  • Baking cookies with my daughter-in-law, the grand kids, and other extended family members. I love to watch the kids run around while we talk, laugh, and bake!
  • Going to breakfast and the Southern Christmas show with family. This truly sets the tone for ushering in the Christmas season.
  • Traveling to SC and VA to spend quality time with our family. Nothing could warm my heart more than seeing my family and sharing special moments with them. 
  • Sitting in my living space without any lights on and watching my tree and
    village twinkle. It doesn’t get much better than this!
  • Watching about 15 excited kids tear into their Christmas presents at my son’s house after our family Christmas dinner. It is total chaos and so fun!
  • Seeing my church decorated for Christmas. It makes my heart smile.
  • Hearing Christmas music playing on the radio, on Pandora, and in stores when I am out and about for various forms of shopping. I love to sing or hum along. 
  • Allowing the inner child to come out and play by watching some of the kids’ TV specials. The Peanuts Christmas is one of my all time favorites. 
  • Watching Christmas movies: traditional ones such as It’s A Wonderful Life, funny ones such as National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and cheesy ones such as the made-for-TV movies on the Hallmark channel. I guess I just gave it away…I am a hopeless romantic. 
  • Waking up on Christmas morning and feeling like it’s a special day…even if it is only us two empty nesters in the house. 
  • Reminiscing about years gone by: looking at pictures of past Christmases, thinking of friends and loved ones who are no longer with us, and remembering how truly wonderful life has been.
  • Looking forward to a bright future. The year’s end is just after Christmas. I love reflecting and then thing about future goals and hopes and dreams of what the next year might bring.





No comments:

Post a Comment